As a marketer or entrepreneur, you know that copywriting is essential for driving engagement and conversions.
But creating that copy isn’t always easy, especially if you have a busy schedule or you’re not an experienced copywriter.
In this blog post, we’ll explore AI copywriting and its benefits. And we’ll also cover some of the best AI copywriting software out there.
So, whether you’re looking for a tool to help with your copywriting process or just want to learn more about AI copywriting, read on!
How to choose the right AI copywriting tool
As you build your copywriting software arsenal, not every tool will cut it. Each one you select should meet some basic criteria, and we have a few key features to keep in mind.
Signs of a good AI copywriter:
Easy to use
Regardless of what tool you’re using, it shouldn’t add more stress to your life. In reviews or when you test the software, be sure that it is responsive and has an intuitive user interface.
You don’t want to spend minutes figuring out what icons mean. For software that naturally may have a learning curve, ensure that there are adequate tutorial videos and help files to smooth out the process.
Works across devices
It may not be the best way to live, but the reality is that we’re almost always working.
So you need a tool that works on your laptop, desktop computer, tablet, and mobile phone — or on two of those devices at least.
Besides multiple devices, your chosen software shouldn’t be snobby. It should integrate well with other work tools.
Think browser extensions, app add-ons, and other app integrations.
Content marketers often work with a team of writers, whether in-house or freelance.
A good AI copywriter should allow you to work together with a click or two, whether by allowing you to share documents or assign tasks.
Flexible pricing plans
You shouldn’t necessarily be looking for the cheapest option, but you don’t want to break the bank either.
And sometimes, you simply don’t need the full range of features, so flexible plans and pricing are key.
Don't feel like digging through all the tools to find the best match? Don't worry, we've got your back.
The 5 best AI copywriting tools
Not all AI writers are made equal and some generate more high-quality outputs than the others.
Here are 5 of the best AI copywriting tools you can try:
- Closers Copy
Jasper is the leading AI writing assistant with thousands of 5-star reviews.
Jasper has more than 80,000 users ranging from marketing teams and solo entrepreneurs to small business owners and freelance bloggers.
Power mode with the Personalized Cold Emails template on the left and an edited version of Jasper’s output on the right
Jasper’s features include:
- Access to more than 50+ templates to help you write everything from ad copy, taglines, and website copy to email subject lines, blog posts, and social media posts
- Boss Mode, which includes access to the long-form document editor, reusable recipes for content creation, and commands to instruct Jasper on what to write
- Surfer and Grammarly integrations for writing SEO content in Jasper, checking for plagiarism, and fixing errors
Of course, saving time is a big benefit of any decent AI writing tool. But Jasper's other advantages are:
- Natural language. Jasper has been trained on 10% of the internet to be able to produce copy that sounds natural and that gets results for users.
- Daily improvement. Jasper gets trained daily since users can give his outputs a thumbs up or thumbs down to indicate what outputs are best.
- Flexibility. Unlike alternatives that only have templates, you can create personalized recipes and commands to create whatever kind of copy and content you need in a way that works for you.
- Integrations. Jasper integrates with tools you may already use such as Grammarly to maintain high content quality while also simplifying your process.
Some things to be aware of when starting with Jasper are that:
- There is a learning curve. However, Jasper Bootcamp, as well as the Facebook group, recipe community, YouTube channel, and webinars can help you understand how to get the best outputs possible from Jasper.
- No free and unlimited plans. However, you do get free 10,000 free words when you sign up and can scale your plan up depending on how many words you need each month.
Jasper’s Starter plan begins at just $49 and Boss Mode at $99 per month, which is very affordable. Plus, the pricing plans are flexible depending on how much copy you plan to generate, and you can even purchase one-time bonus packs to extend your plan’s word limit.
CopyAI is another popular AI writer with more than 500,000 users and many copywriting tools available.
CopyAI’s functionality includes:
- 90+ writing tools for different types of copy and content, which is far more than what most alternative tools have
- Supercharge, which allows you to:
- Input a website URL
- Generate a project brief that covers the purpose, unique aspects, target audiences, and other details of a product or service in one click
- And then generate unique copy based on that brief in one click
- The Editor, which makes it possible to write long-form copy such as landing pages without leaving CopyAI
The pros of CopyAI are:
- Ease of use. The user interface is simple, meaning that you can start generating quality content and copy quickly.
- Natural language. Unlike many similar tools that basically generate gibberish, CopyAI consistently generates coherent sentences.
- Affordability. If you have limited content needs, the free plan may work for you, otherwise, you can get unlimited credits for just $49 monthly.
Some disadvantages of CopyAI are that:
- Many of the outputs are surface-level. While it imitates natural language well, compared to Jasper, there are fewer ways to provide the additional context needed to dive deep into a topic.
- No integrations currently. Therefore, it may not save time and simplify your process as much as it could.
- Not great at long-form content like blog posts. This is where Jasper's Boss Mode excels for blogger and content creators.
CopyAI has a free plan so that you can get a feel for how the tool works before you upgrade. The Pro plan starts at $49 per month and will get you unlimited credits and projects. There’s also an enterprise plan for large teams that need collaboration features.
Closers Copy, which owns its own AI instead of using the standard GPT-3/OpenAI, has grown in popularity due to the quality of its outputs.
Closers Copy features include:
- Custom AI, workflows, and library of frameworks and workflows from the Closers Copy community to create super-targeted content and save time
- Three artificial intelligence models for selling, blogging, and storytelling so that your outputs have the style and tone
- A built-in thesaurus and search engine optimization features, allowing you to use fewer tools
The advantages of this tool are:
- Flexibility. Instead of being solely template-based, you can feed your own sample data to the AI for more custom, targeted outputs. You can also save that sample data as a reusable framework.
- Understands 120+ languages. Closers Copy makes the benefits of artificial intelligence widely accessible.
- Lifetime deal. This is one of relatively few (good) AI copywriting tools that offer lifetime deals.
As far as disadvantages, Closers Copy users have mentioned:
- The learning curve. With so many features, it takes a while to get comfortable with the tool.
- Limited tutorials. While more are being added, users want more context and training on how to get the best out of this tool.
- Lack of a built-in plagiarism checker. In contrast, you can use Copyscape credits directly in Jasper.
Pricing starts at $29.99 per month and ranges up to $79.99 per month for the most extensive plan. Lifetime deals currently start at $267 and can be broken up into several payments.
Copysmith is another popular option and positions itself specifically as being for e-commerce teams and agencies.
Copysmith’s functionality includes:
- A campaign builder that allows users to build entire campaigns in just a few clicks
- Bulk content generation and product description generation to get more done in less time
- Collaboration features including a workflow queue for managing your feedback and approval process
- Integrations with Frase, Google Ads, Shopify, Chrome, Google Docs, Zapier, WooCommerce, and Word
The advantages of using Copysmith are:
- Time-savings. Bulk generation is a feature that not many AI writing tools have implemented yet so it can be a huge time-saver.
- SEO training. This artificial intelligence is trained not just on language models but also on SEO best practices and growth marketing, which means more optimized copy and content with less manual work
Some disadvantages of Copysmith are:
- Fewer templates than alternatives. That means less flexibility as far as what kinds of copy and content you can create.
- Lack of support. Some users have mentioned that it's difficult to get replies to questions and concerns from the support team.
- Not well-suited for longer copy and content. Although it does have blog templates, for example, users have noted that it’s better for short-form writing than long-form sales and marketing copy like landing pages.
Pricing starts at an affordable $19 per month for 50 credits. The Professional plan, which includes 400 credits, is $59, and pricing for the Enterprise plan is available upon request.
Last up is Rytr, which has over 850,000 users including marketers and marketing agencies, content creation professionals, sales development representatives, and more.
Features of Rytr include:
- 30+ use cases and templates, custom use cases, as well as 20+ tones of voice
- An SEO analyzer to find keywords, create content briefs, and make sure your copy is optimized
- A browser extension that can be used in Gmail, Slack, Messenger, Word, WordPress, and more (plus an API to integrate apps of your choice)
The pros of Rytr are:
- Simplicity. Because it’s not as full-featured as alternatives, Rytr has less of a learning curve.
- Convenience. You can generate AI content and copy almost anywhere thanks to the mobile-friendly site and Chrome extension.
- Affordability. Not only is there a free plan but Rytr paid plans start at just $9 per month.
Some cons of Rytr are:
- Character limits. Many users have mentioned that credits for the limited plans run out quickly.
- Some low-quality outputs. Rtyr sometimes struggles with naturalness and relevance. And, in contrast to Jasper, there’s no way to prevent those low-quality outputs from being counted against your character limits.
- Customer support. Some users have had difficulty getting issues resolved with the support team.
Rtyr has a free plan, as well as paid plans for $9 and $29 respectively.
Give Jasper a try for free
It seems like there’s a new AI copywriting software being released every week.
But to enjoy the benefits of AI writing including saved time, streamlined processes, and more conversions, you’ll need a proven tool like Jasper.
Available in 25+ languages with more than 50 templates, SEO Mode, Recipes, commands, Documents, Grammarly, a plagiarism checker, lots of tutorials, and an active, supportive community, Jasper is the cream of the crop.
If you haven’t already, sign up for your free trial and take it for a spin!