There’s a faster and better way to do just about everything these days. And if you’re in the e-commerce business, that’s also true for writing product descriptions.
Once you onboard the right product description generator, you unlock a streamlined and faster approach to creating descriptions that convert. If you’re constantly uploading a lot of products at a time, it can get tedious to create copy from scratch.
And that’s where product description generators come in. This guide will help you figure out which product description generators are actually worth your time. After comparing and contrasting a wide array of existing tools, we arrived at one conclusion: Most if not all the existing tools out there claiming to be product description generators aren’t all that useful.
However, there are a handful of tools—like Jasper, Snazzy, or Copysmith—that are worth considering. First, let’s walk through when you should consider using a product description generator and when you should opt to do it all manually.
When to Use a Product Description Generator
Anytime you aren’t sure how to write a compelling product description or you want to speed up the process of creating your descriptions, you’ll want to get the help of a copy generator.
It cuts the time you spend writing by a lot. It also helps you get out writer’s block you might be going through (hey, it happens to the best of us!)
When should you opt to create your product descriptions manually? If they’re so nuanced that you have to be meticulous about every single word, then you might consider writing them out yourself. But unless you’re selling aged organic cologne for Yorkies, chances are using a product description generator is always a good idea.
10 Best Product Description Generators
Let’s walk through some of the best product description generator tools in the market.
You might need a generator that creates quality product descriptions that speak to your target audience. But you might also want help outlining blog posts for your content plan or you might want to generate YouTube scripts for your channel.
If that’s you then consider Jasper (formerly Jarvis) as the writing tool that pretty much covers all your content needs. Besides offering super useful features like a plagiarism checker, built-in Grammarly capabilities, and tone adjustment options, it also comes with templates. They are a great way to not start from scratch every time you work on something new.
Here’s an example of copy written about a kitchen strainer created with Jasper’s Product Description template:
- Boss Mode lets you dictate copy so Jasper writes it out for you in real-time
- Includes length adjustment features
- Lets you include keywords for SEO
- Comes with templates for a wide array of AI-powered marketing needs
- Lets you choose how many copy ideas you want to generate at a time
- Creator: Starting at $39
- Teams: Starting at $99
- Business: Custom pricing for enterprise-level solutions
Dukaan’s product description generator is part of a larger set of tools created to help you start an e-commerce store within a few minutes. Its product description tool is on the simpler side. Once you enter your product name, it’ll generate a description for you.
Because of its simplicity, it’s best to use Dukaan’s copy as a starting point for crafting unique product descriptions. This is great if you’re a business owner that struggles with writing content around your product features.
- Easily generate product descriptions in minutes
- No account creation is needed to start using its generator
You can start using Dukaan for free.
Smart Copy (formerly Snazzy) is an AI copywriting tool that creates product descriptions as part of its diverse set of templates. With a set of descriptive tags, you can create product descriptions in minutes. Landing pages, Google ads, or taglines are only some of the content Smart Copy helps you generate to reel in potential customers.
- Offers a 14-day free trial
- Offers templates in six languages
- Accessible and easy to use
- Free: Up to five copy generations a day
- Growth: $49 a month
Rytr writes product descriptions for you. But it also helps with YouTube video description generation, emails, landing pages, social media ads, and blog copy. Plus, its paid plans come with a writer community.
You can also generate up to 5,000 characters per month on a free plan. This makes it perfect for smaller projects or one-off usage.
- Comes with a browser extension to create copy on the go
- Over 30 use cases
- Usable in over 30 languages
- Built-in plagiarism checker
- Over 20 different copy tones to choose from
- Free: Up to 5000 characters per month
- Saver: $9 for 50k characters per month
- Unlimited: $29 for unlimited characters a month
CopyAI was built with speed in mind. It has over 90 copywriting tools to help write marketing copy for different types of scenarios. As you enter your product name and a short product description, CopyAI generates ten different options at a time so you can choose the best one.
If you’re in a hurry, CopyAI’s bulk copy generation feature can come in handy. Best of all, you can start using it for free and try it out firsthand.
- Can write long-form blog posts
- Lets you collaborate with team members
- Easy to use
- Allows you to save past projects to reference later
- Can write copy in over 25 languages
- Free: Up to 10 credits per month
- Pro: $35 a month for unlimited credits
- Team: Contact them to learn more about a custom plan
Simplified’s copy dashboard lets you generate over 30 different types of copy—including product descriptions—with its AI copywriter. It creates original copy for anything ranging from blog posts, products, videos, and ads.
Much like other copy generators, Simplified lets you set the tone of your copy. You can keep clicking the generate button until you land on copy you’re happy with.
- Makes it easy to collaborate on copy with your team
- Integrates with apps like Shopify and Zapier
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Free: Write 1k words
- Small Teams: $8 per member per month for 8k words
- Businesses: $24 per member per month for 50k words
- Enterprise: Contact simplified for a personalized plan
You can think of Descrii as your typical copy generator. It’s built to handle your most popular copy needs—including blog posts, Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads, and sales copy.
- Generate Instagram captions
- Generate different copy versions until you’re happy with the results
- Generate different types of e-commerce copy
- Helps you create blog posts
- Free seven-day trial
- Contact for a customized plan
8. Copy Shark
Copy Shark’s copy generator creates human-centered copy that sounds like it was written with natural language in mind. It can create copy in over 500 languages and offers more than 50 different tools. This helps you create copy for several different scenarios which can save you a lot of time.
CopyShark creates unlimited product copy for e-commerce brands. But you’ll have to pay to get access to the tool. As it doesn’t offer a free plan or free trial.
- Create cold emails and social media replies
- Generates copy in over 100 languages
- Generates more niche copy like Etsy product descriptions or real estate copy
- Premium monthly: $67 for 20k monthly credits
- Annual: $799 to generate unlimited AI copy
Copysmith is specifically built for the e-commerce needs of teams and agencies. With it, you can quickly write search-optimized product descriptions as well as metatags. It also comes with “brainstorming templates” that are designed to help you beat writer’s block if you’re drawing a blank when you’re trying to come up with captivating product descriptions.
- Built-in SEO features
- Built-in A/B testing features
- Specifically built for e-commerce needs
- Starter: $19 for 50 monthly credits
- Professional: $59 monthly for 400 credits
- Enterprise: Contact the team for more information
As a copy generator, Anyword uses a predictive performance score that lets you know the strength of your copy in real-time. It helps you get a clearer understanding of how your copy is perceived by different demographics and the score also helps you evaluate how engaging your copy is.
Much like other tools, Anyword doesn’t just create great product descriptions. It also helps with content writing, landing page copy, web page copy, emails, and even SMS. Probably one of its more interesting features is Custom Mode.
Once activated, you can train Anyword’s artificial intelligence tools to write copy in your brand’s voice.
- Add specific keywords to your product descriptions
- Easily create copy for social platforms
- Free: Up to 1,000 words per month
- Data-Driven Basics: $79 for up to 30,000 words per month
- Data-Driven Unlimited: $239 per month for unlimited words
- Enterprise: $999 per month to start. Contact sales for more information
Write better product descriptions with Jasper
With the help of AI, you can make the product description or product feature description creation process a breeze. But first, you want to make sure you’re onboarding the best product description generator to ease your content creation workflow.
That’s where an all-in-one approach like the one Jasper uses can come in handy. With Jasper, you’re able to handle so much more than product descriptions. Anything from blog outlines to YouTube channel descriptions to landing pages and even blog posts can be generated with Jasper in minutes.
Check out Jasper here and get started writing better copy with better tools in half the time.