Great content can lead to serious conversions for your business and your clients’ businesses. But sometimes, even the best marketers find it challenging to generate enough quality content for all their clients without burning out.
As content creators, we may also fall into the trap of recycling stale ideas. Wouldn’t it be nice to outsource some of the brainstorming to an assistant with perfect grammar and a robust well of inspiration?
That’s where a good AI writer comes in. If you’re ready to supercharge your content while saving time and keeping things fresh, we’re sharing the eight best AI writing tools to get started. But first, how does this technology work?
How does AI writing software work?
Like all artificial intelligence software, an AI writer uses machine learning to mimic human understanding and behavior.
It learns the basics of writing, grammar, and general language processing and writes copy using a vast encyclopedia of information in its database.
Still, this software requires human input; you need to give instructions on relevant keywords, the type of copy, copy length, and tone of copy, as well as perform relevant corrections to keep the text on track. They can, however, make life easier—and save writers from the scary blank page.
The top eight AI writing tools ranked
- AI Writer
Jasper is an AI copywriting assistant trained by expert copywriters. He can generate unique content and high-converting copy for marketers, agencies, and entrepreneurs.
Our AI software has also read “10% of the internet,” and so has knowledge on a variety of topics.
With 52+ helpful templates, Jasper makes it easier to hit the ground running. Some of the practical templates available include:
- The Attention Interest Desire Action (AIDA) and Problem Agitate Solution (PAS) marketing frameworks
- Perfect Headline for generating powerful headlines that convert
- Video Script Outline for video content creators
- Review Responder for customer service workers
This AI content generator also allows you to include additional information about your content, such as the tone of writing—witty, playful, formal—and the preferred limit for the number of characters. Already have content you’d like to refresh? Then bust out Jasper’s Sentence Expander and Content Improver templates to broaden your perspective and buff up old content.
Besides templates, Jasper has an efficient Long-form assistant for writing — you guessed it — long-form content. You’ll need to give Jasper some information about your content and keywords and write a few words to get him going. Then, he’ll help you generate content in line with your brief and you can tweak it along the way.
The Long-form Assistant is available to Boss Mode subscribers. It includes Power, Focus and SEO modes, which respectively allow you to use templates, write without distractions, and optimize content for search engines. Plus, with Boss Mode, you can interact directly with Jasper and give orders, instead of piecing content together with templates.
Once your first draft is ready, you can run a plagiarism and grammar check or rephrase sections using the Rephrase tool.
One cool feature:
- Explain it to a 5th Grader simplifies your text to the reading grade level of your choice for easier comprehension and higher conversion rates.
- Highly effective: Jasper generates 100% original content for a wide range of short and long-form content, including LinkedIn bios, Instagram captions, and blog posts.
- Super trustworthy: 7-day money-back guarantee and over 10,000+ 4.9/5 star reviews.
- Unbeatable features: 52+ superior templates, the Surfer SEO integration for creating SEO-friendly content, rephrasing capabilities, and much more.
- Multilingual: Jasper is available in over 25 languages, including Bulgarian, French, and Spanish.
- A+ customer support: The website has dozens of help articles and videos and there is a Jasper Facebook community with 50K+ highly engaged members.
- Learning curve: Users must first learn how to speak to Jasper and give good commands. Thankfully, there are several help documents to assist.
- Limited Starter plan: The Starter plan lacks most of the winning features, like the Long-form Assistant, for example.
- No free plan: Unlike many of its competitors, Jasper does not have a free plan. However, you do get 10K words free when you sign up.
Pricing: Starter $29/mo and Boss Mode $59/mo. As your content needs grow, you can add more word credits to your plan.
Writesonic is a popular AI copywriting tool also geared toward marketers, agencies, and e-commerce brands. It enables users to create human-sounding content that converts, using a variety of templates.
With Writesonic, you can create anything from Facebook ad copy to blog posts and video scripts. You can even create a personal bio in a variety of tones from “Exciting” to “Engaging.” Their long-form article writer is still in beta testing but promises to create high-quality articles in much less time than a human writer.
Other content support features include a Text Summary, Readability Checker, and Grammar Checker. Writesonic will also help you get past writer’s block by generating everything from listicle ideas to article ideas and outlines.
Users love that they can try Writesonic for free, with 10 credits to check out most features. You don’t even need to enter your credit card details to get started. All the plans have useful features that make this software appealing to any user, regardless of your budget.
One cool feature:
- Pay-as-you-go free plan allows you to purchase credits without committing to a recurring monthly plan.
- Wide range of plans: Writesonic has four different plans for a variety of budgets.
- No-commitment free plan: With the free plan, there’s the option to purchase credits as needed.
- Excellent user experience: The Writesonic website is attractive and easy to navigate.
- Limited long-form content support: Writesonic excels with short-form content and lacks enough innovative features to support longer-form content.
- Frustrating credit system: An overwhelming number of users dislike the credit system. Even for the priciest plan, certain features are barred after a number of credits. It keeps plans from being truly unlimited.
Pricing: The Free, Starter, Business, and Professional plans go for $0, $25, $89, and $449 respectively.
Copysmith prides itself on improving your copywriting workflow. Kick things off with this AI text generator that brainstorms blog post ideas, landing page content and product descriptions for you. Then, tweak the rest of it to perfection.
This software provides a smooth onboarding experience with a 3-day unlimited free trial—no credit card info necessary. The interface is easy to use, and Copysmith allows you to name and organize your files for optimal functioning.
This AI content creation tool doesn’t require too much user input to create content. For the example below, using only three short sentences of description, Copysmith came up with at least halfway usable landing page content.
Want to grab your content and go? Copysmith allows you to export copy as a CSV. Even more appealing is that when it’s generated content, say for a landing page, you can preview what it would look like on a real website. Pretty neat, huh?
One cool feature:
- Preview generated website content. Watch your copy come to life on a “dress rehearsal” website.
- Organize and store generated content: Copysmith allows you to organize content in categories that make sense to you.
- Handy Chrome extension: Now you can take your content writing assistant on every online project.
- 3-day unlimited free trial: Try out all of Copysmith’s features for three days while you decide your next step.
- Best quality outputs in English: Although the software can work with several other languages, the website specifies that English is the best bet at this time.
- Limits on features: Both for the Starter and Professional plans, users have a limited number of plagiarism checks and long-form blog generations.
Pricing: The Starter, Professional, and Enterprise plans go for $19, $59, $499 per month.
Rytr is an affordable AI content generator. It equips content marketers and entrepreneurs to write just about any kind of content, from blog posts to ad copy—with very little input from them.
This software is free to use with a credit system of 5K characters per month. However, there are two paid plans—one for up to 50K characters per month and one with no character limits and other perks such as a personal account manager.
How well does it work? Impressively well! It’s quick to generate an article outline as seen in the screenshot above. Although, Rytr could have requested more detail — like the tone of voice, for instance — and Jasper’s outline appears to include a couple of more relevant subheadings.
Rtyr has 30+ effective templates for writing everything from a business pitch idea to interview questions and video scripts. When your text is ready, you can choose to shorten, lengthen, improve or rephrase sentences as you desire.
One cool feature:
- Maximize sentence potential by asking Rytr to shorten, lengthen, or rephrase any line in your copy.
- Easy to use interface: Rytr’s website and app were straightforward and fluid to use.
- Affordable single plan: One high-performing paid plan that costs less than its competitors’ paid plans.
- Free plan available: Get access to most of Rytr’s features with a credit limit.
- 25+ writing languages: Premium users can write in over 25 languages.
- Optimized for mobile use: Generate content on your mobile device with Rytr’s optimized website.
- Credit limit for free users: If you create a lot of content monthly, the credit limit may be annoying.
- AI could be more efficient: Rytr’s copy could be more researched and detailed.
Pricing: Rytr has a free plan, the Saver plan for $9 per month, and an Unlimited plan for $29/month.
5. AI Writer
AI Writer is a minimalist artificial intelligence content writer for human writers who want to lighten their workload. All this software requires is your post’s headline, and it’s all set to write away.
One way AI Writer stands out from competitors is that it provides verifiable citations at the end of every article. This allows you to check accuracy and source more information quickly if you need to.
Besides research and writing, this software also offers Text Rewording services if you need to quickly rephrase an article. As a marketer intent on creating 100% original content, you will love that this software runs a plagiarism check and shows how much of the generated content is original.
AI Writer offers new users a free 7-day trial, and the customer support is highly responsive. After I had sign-up issues, Customer Service contacted me in less than an hour.
The major downside is that the quality of their articles could be better. Some paragraphs are disconnected and clearly machine written.
One cool feature:
- A 7-day free trial allows you to test the service before you commit.
- Fuss-free content generation: The software only needs your headline to start writing.
- Includes citations: Perfect if you want to keep track of sources.
- Efficient customer service: Email responses in less than an hour.
- Plagiarism checker: Keep your content fresh and original.
- Poor content quality: Content seems disjointed and machine-compiled.
- No templates: This software seems best for bloggers as it has no other templates.
Pricing: The Basic, Standard, and Power plans cost $29, $59, and $375 per month respectively.
CopyAI is a robust AI writer with over 90 tools for content and copy. It’s available in more than 25 languages and easy to use. All you have to do is select a template for your use case, fill out the required fields, and the AI will generate well-written content or copy based on your inputs.
One cool feature:
- The Freestyle tool can come in handy when there’s no template for what you need or you’re not getting the outputs you want from a tool. It allows you to give the AI more custom, specific instructions, which can get you a better result.
- Many use cases: Because there are dozens of tools and templates, as well as Freestyle tool, you can write just about anything with CopyAI.
- Free plan: Maybe you want to take your time getting used to the tool before committing to a paid plan. Or maybe your content needs are minimal. In either case, it’s nice to have a free option.
- Browser extension: Write emails, social media posts, and more on the go thanks to the Chrome extension.
- No integrations: CopyAI is currently a standalone tool; it doesn’t integrate with tools you already use to make your workflow easier.
- Entirely template-based: The text editor for long-form content doesn’t have any AI content creation features within it. You can really only copy-paste outputs from templates there and edit them manually.
Pricing: CopyAI has a free plan, a paid plan starting at $35 per month, and an Enterprise plan with custom pricing.
ClosersCopy is another popular AI writer known for generating high-quality, unique content and copy to support marketing and sales efforts. Rather than just using the usual GPT-3 language model, ClosersCopy has proprietary models that are trained to write AI marketing copy specifically.
This tool is feature-rich with tools for SEO, as well as tools for productivity such as shortcuts and a built-in thesaurus. Since there are so many features, ClosersCopy also provides lots of resources to help users get the best out of them both on the website and within its Facebook community.
One cool feature:
ClosersCopy has three AI models you can choose between—BlogAI, SalesAI, and StoryAI. All the tools available within ClosersCopy adjust based on the model you’re using, which leads to better content quality.
- Frameworks and Workflows: This tool has over 700 frameworks or templates for various sections and types of content and copy. Plus, you can create repeatable workflows to write even faster.
- 120+ languages: With more languages than most similar tools, this is a great option if for creating content in several languages efficiently.
- SEO tools: If search engine optimization is part of your marketing strategy, you can run audits and do SEO planning in ClosersCopy.
- Upfront payment required. There’s no way to demo the tool before your purchase it, although there is a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Pricing: ClosersCopy offers a lifetime deal, as well as monthly plans starting at $49.99.
Last is Writecream, which has racked up 1,000 plus positive reviews from users. It can write both long and short-form content but has more of a focus on outreach than other tools. It’s great for creating effective, personalized icebreakers for cold emails, LinkedIn outreach, and backlink building campaigns. And other uses cases include, podcast scripts, ecommerce product and brand descriptions, Facebook ad copy, and more.
One cool feature:
- The AI Article Writer is a popular feature. It makes writing 1,000+ words possible in less than 30 minutes and in just four clicks.
- 35+ content templates: for long-form and short-form content and copy
- Custom use cases: If you're not getting the outputs you want from the available templates, you can create templates that meet your needs.
- 75+ languages: Write in the language you and your audience feel comfortable with.
- Language affects quality: Some users have reported that the results aren’t as good in other languages as in English.
- Credit limits: Even though character limits increase with each of Writecream’s plans, several users have reported running out of credits.
Pricing: Writecream has a free plan with paid options starting at $49 per month.
Is an AI writer right for your business?
Will AI text generators replace human copywriters? Probably not. But do human copywriters need more help from AI? I think so! If you’re struggling under the weight of writing assignments, it might be time to consider one of these top AI copywriting and content writing tools.
Of course, we highly recommend Jasper for its superior templates, community, and wider language access. But if you prefer something more affordable, try Rytr! AI Writer works well for short-form content, and Writesonic and Copysmith are worth checking out if you’d like to compare features.
You can get 10K words free when you sign up to try Jasper. Cancellations are easy—no explanations needed. Sign up today to start creating brilliant content with less effort.