When it comes to social media marketing, there’s no slowing down. Today, 71% of Gen Z users rely on social media to discover new products. With over 4.7 billion people on social media, these networks are valuable channels to drive brand awareness, customer engagement, and revenue.
But creating social media content that is both consistent and engaging can be challenging.
With social media automation tools, you can streamline content creation and simplify your social media management. Here, we’ll explore 10 automation tools to accelerate your social media strategy in 2023.
What are social media automation tools?
Marketers use social media automation platforms to create, publish, and analyze social media content. With these tools, you can automate repetitive tasks, improve customer service, and gain better access to data.
Here are some of the features you will find in a social media automation platform:
- Content curation
- Calendar management
- Client management
- Collaboration tools
- Automated customer service
- Analytics and reporting
10 Must-have social media automation tools for 2023
With all the social media automation tools available today, choosing the right one depends on your business needs. Factors to consider include the number of social media accounts you manage, your reporting needs, the size of your team, and your budget.
Let’s take a closer look at the 10 most popular tools to automate your social media marketing:
Jasper is an AI content writing assistant that helps marketers save time and beat writer’s block. With over 50 templates, Jasper can assist with all your content needs.
Social media templates—such as the TikTok Video Captions template, the YouTube Video Scripts template, and the Tweet Machine template—make it easy to generate engaging social media content. And Jasper’s AI art generator helps you create the perfect image to complement your message.
- More than 50 templates for all your content creation needs
- Jasper Chrome extension allows you to create content directly in your favorite social media platform
- Inputs for intended audience and tone of voice to ensure your message resonates with your customer
- Complementary image creation for all your posts with Jasper Art
- AI brainstorming partner helps you create months of social media content in minutes
- Collaboration with team members and real-time updates
- Ability to generate content in 26 languages
- Access to an extensive resource library, live training, and a private Facebook group
- Content outputs may require review and editing
Pricing: 5-Day free trial is available with 10,000 credits (does not include Jasper Art). The Starter plan starts at $29/month for 20,000 words. Boss Mode is $59/month for 50,000 words. Jasper Art is available for $20/user/month
Source: Social Pilot
SocialPilot is a social media management tool created to help small businesses and agencies grow on social. The platform has since grown to enable business of all sizes streamline their social media strategies. SocialPilot makes it easy to automate tasks and collaborate with team members or clients.
- Schedule and publish posts with the Social Calendar feature
- Ability to schedule up to 500 posts with a single upload
- Social Inbox feature for managing comments and direct messages in one place
- Robust analytics and reporting features
- White label reports can be customized with company branding (White Label plan only)
- Supports all major social media platforms, including TikTok
- Easy collaboration with team members
- Ability to assign specific tasks to team members and automate checklists
- Platform doesn’t include a Best Time to Post feature
- Users can’t automate responses to customer service requests
Pricing: The Professional plan is $30 per month for one user. Small Team is $50 per month for three users. Agency is $100 per month for six users. White Label is $200 per month for unlimited users.
Source: Content Studio
ContentStudio empowers marketers, small businesses, and agencies to centralize their social media marketing efforts.
- Best Time to Post feature ensures you share content at the right time
- Social inbox makes it easy to manage customer service inquiries
- Ability to set dynamic rules for auto responses or leave notes as action items
- Comprehensive analytics and reporting features, with ability to benchmark KPIs against competitors
- Pre-scheduling of reports to send to your team and clients
- Trending content feature for searching and sharing top-performing content in your industry
- Collaboration tools (such as approval workflows) are ideal for large teams
- Seamless integration with your existing tech stack, including Shopify, Canva, and Feedly integrations
- Some functional limitations in the mobile app
- Platform doesn’t support TikTok or Pinterest
- Pricing plans can be confusing
Pricing: 14-Day free trial available. The Starter plan is $25 per month for one user. Pro is $49 per month for two users. Agency is $99 per month for five users.
Started in 2008, Hootsuite was the world’s first social media management platform. Today, more than 18 million users rely on the platform to centralize their social media marketing efforts.
- Schedule, publish, and manage campaigns across platforms
- Manage all customer inquiries and comments in one place with Social Customer Care
- Support social selling with new Social Commerce feature (through recently acquired AI customer messaging platform HeyDay, which helps brands sell products on social media)
- Supports over 20 social media platforms
- Makes it easy to automate your workflows with more than 150 integrations
- Enhanced reporting features with real-time insights
- Platform can be pricey for small businesses and agencies
- Requires a longer learning curve
Pricing: 30-Day free trial available. The Professional plan starts at $49 per month for one user. Team is $249 per month for three users. Business is $739 per month for five users. Enterprise pricing is also available.
5. Sprout Social
Source: Sprout Social
Sprout Social makes managing and growing your social channels easy, with tools for scheduling, tracking industry trends, and interacting with customers. The platform also helps turn your employees into brand ambassadors.
- Listening feature enables users to keep track of industry trends, access audience insights, and identify relevant influencers
- Users can create automated chatbots to respond to customer inquiries
- Employee Advocacy feature puts all your shareable content in one place
- Pre-approved message ideas to share on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Content creation and publishing tools simplify collaboration and streamline approval processes
- Smart Inbox organizes all incoming customer service messages in one dashboard
- Robust reporting features for analyzing and refining your social strategy
- Availability of features varies by social media network
- More expensive pricing than other options
Pricing: The Standard plan starts at $249 per month. Professional is $399 per month. Advanced is $499 per month.
Buffer is an all-in-one social media platform that supports small businesses. The tool highlights best practices to help make your content stand out.
- Smart alerts prioritize questions and comments with negative tones
- “Link in bio”–type landing page combines all your links in one place
- Supports all major platforms
- Feedback and approval tools for easy collaboration
- Free plan with basic scheduling and publishing tools and landing page
- Limited reporting features for TikTok
Pricing: Free plan available. Essentials is $5 per month per channel. Team is $10 per month per channel. Agency is $100 per month for 10 channels.
Crowdfire simplifies social media management. With over 19 million users, the tool aims to help individuals and businesses grow their reach on social media.
- Post at Best Time feature helps you reach your audience at the right time
- Queue meter helps you determine how many posts to publish in a week
- Image recommendations reduce time spent searching for stock images
- Mentions feature allows you to track mentions and comments for quick replies
- Schedule and publish your content with ease
- Create custom reports and compare competitors’ performance
- Mobile app makes it easy to manage your social networks on the go
- Free version available
- Setup can be time-consuming
- Interface can be busy
Pricing: Free plan available. The Plus plan is $9.99 per month. Premium is $49.99 per month. VIP is $99.99 per month.
Loomly is a social media automation platform that makes it easy to simplify your workflow and improve collaboration.
- Post Ideas feature supports brainstorming and content creation
- Content library helps marketers manage all their assets in one place
- Ads Manager enables marketers to create and manage Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns
- Collaboration is easy with approval workflows, commenting features, and automated updates via email, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
- Recommendations support social media best practices
- Includes hashtag manager
- Platform separates customer comments and messages by social media network
- Mobile app has limited functionality
- Users must manually post when tagging personal profiles on Instagram
Pricing: The Base plan starts at $35 per month for two users. Standard is $79 per month for six users. Advanced is $172 per month for 14 users. Premium is $359 per month for 30 users. Enterprise pricing is also available.
Missinglettr is an all-in-one social media platform. While the platform offers standard social media management features, what sets it apart are its drip campaigns. The platform uses AI to detect valuable quotes and images from blog posts to create pre-written social posts.
- Intelligent posting time analytics ensure you post when your audience is most active
- Automated drip campaigns mean you never run out of content
- Calendar feature lets you oversee all your social content so you don’t overwhelm your audience
- Ideal for bloggers who want to increase their social media presence
- Easy-to-use dashboard simplifies reporting and analytics
- Platform does not support Pinterest or TikTok
- Drip campaigns often use repetitive captions and images—users must review all AI-generated content
Pricing: Free trial available. The Starter plan is $9 per month. Solo is $19 per month. Pro is $59 per month.
- Video editor allows you to create a whole month of short video content from just one video, Zoom call, or webinar
- Start from Text feature generates short-form videos using a video script or blog post
- Users can record voice-overs or use an AI narrator
- One-click removal of filler words and phrases
- Easily create and share videos on all social media platforms
- Ability to customize your video with logo, fonts, and colors
- Create transcripts from Zoom calls, webinars, or meetings
- Video creation in different languages is limited
- Videos can take a long time to download
- Some AI voices sound robotic
- Cannot schedule posts
Pricing: Free trial available. The Standard plan is $23 per user per month. Premium is $47 per user per month. Enterprise pricing is also available.
Create engaging social media content with Jasper
The best social media managers use content creation strategies that make it look easy. But behind the scenes, effective social media management requires time, patience, experimentation, and collaboration.
Social media automation tools, like Jasper, help marketers save time and energy.
With over 50 writing templates, Jasper is a brainstorming sidekick to help you create content up to 10 times faster. And with templates designed for every social media platform, creating social content will feel like a breeze.
Sign up today to see how Jasper can help you optimize your social media strategy.