Let's be honest. Posting on LinkedIn can be intimidating. The idea of sharing your content with your colleagues and peers can be daunting for anyone, whether they're employees, marketeers, or entrepreneurs.
But with more than 875 million members, LinkedIn is one of the best platforms for career advancement. Today, companies hire eight people every minute using LinkedIn. The platform is also a valuable tool for lead generation—40% of B2B marketers cite LinkedIn as the most reliable source for driving qualified leads.
A LinkedIn post generator simplifies the process of posting on LinkedIn, enabling you to build your brand and publish engaging content.
Why use a LinkedIn post generator?
As with all content creation, writing valuable LinkedIn content takes time. Equally, consistency on the platform is critical. Companies that post at least one time a week on LinkedIn see twice as much engagement.
AI-assisted LinkedIn post generators—like Jasper—facilitate the writing process by providing a framework for posts. A template guides the user through the outlining process and delivers ready-to-share content. These tools also vary the length of posts and suggest relevant hashtags, so your content is algorithm-friendly.
What makes a shareable LinkedIn Post?
Before we dive into how to use a LinkedIn post generator, here are five tips to write a click-worthy LinkedIn post.
1. Create a strong hook
Your hook is the first thing your audience will read. A compelling hook captures your audience's attention, while a weak one keeps users scrolling.
To write an effective hook, consider the following ideas:
- Ask a question
- Share a surprising statistic
- Speak to your audience's pain points
- Make a controversial statement
- Describe a personal experience
2. Make your content skimmable
While browsing social media, most users skim content. The most effective LinkedIn posts are easy to scan and visually appealing.
Users should divide large chunks of text into smaller paragraphs. You can also add bullet points, emojis, and images to make your content easier to digest. (Linkedin posts with images get 2x higher engagement.)
3. Write engaging content
While using LinkedIn to share a new position or company announcement can be beneficial, updates should not be your sole source of content.
The most effective posts inspire people to comment and share. However, brainstorming meaningful content ideas for your audience can be challenging. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Tell a story about a problem you solved with your business
- Share what you are learning or your work process
- Clear up a misconception about your role or industry
- If you're currently facing a challenge, ask your connections for help
- Make a prediction or share your goals
- Answer a common client question
4. Limit hashtags and links
Using hashtags on LinkedIn is similar to optimizing a blog post for search engines. While hashtags help direct your posts to the right audience, overusing them reduces your reach. LinkedIn recommends using no more than three hashtags per post.
At the same time, the platform encourages you to use niche hashtags over general ones (e.g., a post about retail store design should use #retaildesign or #futureofretail instead of #retail).
Similarly, you should limit the use of links in your posts. LinkedIn wants to keep users on its platform. The algorithm may penalize you if you post a link to another website.
5. Include a call to action with every post
A call to action (CTA) is the best way to drive engagement on your posts. Your CTA should direct your readers to take action.
Some ideas for CTAs include:
- Ask a question
- Ask readers to comment if they agree or disagree with your post and why
- Direct readers where they can learn more
- Use LinkedIn’s poll feature
How to create sharable LinkedIn posts using Jasper
Jasper makes it easy to create engaging content with its LinkedIn post generator. Users fill out a template and then hit generate to create post. The template ask users to outline the following:
- Problem: Describe a challenge that your business or you have faced.
- Solution: Explain how you or your business overcame the obstacle.
- Other information: Use this input to add context, tips, or other learnings (e.g., I dedicated time each Friday to reviewing customer data).
- Intended Audience: Describe your audience. Don’t be afraid to get creative (e.g., discouraged sales associates, creative product managers, or Gen Z finance majors).
- CTA: Craft a compelling CTA. Tell your audience how or where they can take action.
Users should be specific and experiment with different inputs. Here's an example of using the LinkedIn post generator template.
After you hit generate, the tool will provide three examples. You can adjust the number of outputs to generate up to ten posts at a time.
Here are a few of our favorite suggestions from Jasper.
Here’s a second example from Jasper:
These suggestions are useful because they:
- Speak to the audience’s pain points.
- Breaks up text and uses proven methods—such as a list—to make content skimmable.
- Encourages the audience to take action and share their tips.
Here's another example using the LinkedIn Post template by Megan Johnson, Manager of Scale Customer Success at Jasper.
This suggestion is useful because it:
- Speaks to the audience’s pain points
- Formats text so it is easy to read
- Includes a CTA
Finally, here’s an example of a LinkedIn post by Jasper user Dee Hutchinson. Founder and CEO of Dee is for Digital, Hutchinson posted about her experience using Jasper in Jasper’s official Facebook community.
This is an excellent example because it:
- Starts with a question
- Encourages debate to drive engagement
- Explains why the topic is relevant to the audience
- Breaks up text and is easy to read
- Uses relevant hashtags
- Includes a CTA
Create shareable LinkedIn posts with Jasper
If posting on LinkedIn makes you shudder, or you just don't have time, Jasper's got you covered. With over 50 templates, Jasper helps creators, marketers, and entrepreneurs brainstorm content ideas and craft the perfect message.
Our LinkedIn post generator is a valuable tool to help you expand your next shareable post. And with unlimited suggestions, you'll never run out of inspiration.
Want to optimize your actual profile? You can also try our LinkedIn Summary Generator or LinkedIn Headline Generator.
Need help creating other career-focused content? Try our Recommendation Letter Generator or Resume Generator.
Sign up today to see how Jasper can help you supercharge your LinkedIn content strategy.