In 2022, 71% of B2B marketers reported that content marketing had become more important to their organizations. As content marketing becomes more competitive, maximizing resources and optimizing efficiency are essential.
The right content marketing platform can make all the difference. But with so many options, it can be challenging to determine which platform best fits your business.
In this article, we’ll look at the top 15 content marketing platforms on the market. We’ll cover each platform’s top features, benefits, drawbacks, and pricing to help you make an informed decision.
Why use a content marketing platform?
Are content marketing platforms worth the investment?
It’s not uncommon to hear about marketing teams that still rely on spreadsheets and emails to manage their content strategy.
But content marketing platforms make it much easier to execute your content strategy and provide value to your audience. The following are just a few of the benefits of using a content marketing platform.
Organizing your content strategy
Content marketing platforms can help you organize all your content in one place. This includes creating an editorial calendar, managing content creation, editing your content, and publishing it across channels.
With the rise of remote work, content marketing platforms have become even more valuable. When all your content is stored in a centralized location, team members can access, share, and connect at every stage of the content process.
Marketing teams can also automate workflows, set deadlines, and streamline approval processes, greatly increasing their efficiency.
Optimizing your content
Most content marketing platforms provide analytics tools to help marketers measure the effectiveness of their content. In addition, some platforms offer tools for improving content, such as audience insights, SEO tools, and suggestions for readability and tone of voice.
The 15 best content marketing platforms for 2023
Whether you’re planning content, creating content briefs, working with freelancers, editing, or managing an approval process, content marketing can be time-consuming and complex.
Here are 15 content marketing platforms to streamline your content process and maximize productivity:
Jasper is an AI writing assistant designed to expedite the content creation process. With Jasper, you can create original, SEO-friendly content up to 10 times faster than doing it on your own.
- Over 50 templates for all your content needs
- Command AI to write what you want
- Use Jasper Art to craft the perfect image to accompany your message, without ever leaving the platform
- Chrome extension connects Jasper with your favorite applications
- Invite your colleagues to collaborate in real time on all projects
- Organize your clients and projects with unlimited folders
- Ensure your punctuation and grammar are flawless with built-in Grammarly feature
- Write and translate in up to 25 languages
- Jasper does not replace the writing process. Instead, it acts as an assistant to help you brainstorm ideas and phrasing. Users will still need to edit outputs to match the intended context.
Pricing: Five-day free trial available with 10,000 credits. Starter plan starts at $29 per month for 20,000 words. Boss Mode starts at $59 per month for 50,000 words.
With Airtable’s no-code apps, organizations can develop custom databases to track and update their content strategies.
- Build and share personalized dashboards with no-code Interface Designer
- Automate tasks and create custom workflows
- Visualize data according to your needs with custom views—including Kanban, Gantt, Calendar, or Grid layouts
- Easily import data from other platforms for a 360-degree view of your content marketing efforts
- Share your progress with stakeholders using flexible reporting options
- Work seamlessly with your existing software stack through hundreds of integrations
- May have a steeper learning curve compared to other platforms
- Per-seat pricing model may be too expensive for small businesses seeking greater functionality
Pricing: Free plan available. Plus plan is $12 per user per month. Pro is $24 per user per month.
Asana is an all-in-one project management tool that enables content marketers to manage their content strategies in one place.
- Organize and assign responsibilities to team members
- Automate routine tasks and customize workflows to keep stakeholders informed
- Use Timeline feature to map out your editorial calendar
- Template library makes it easy to get started
- Over 200 integrations enable you to add Asana into your existing workflows
- Comprehensive reporting options
- May not be ideal for small teams or a single project
- Users can only assign tasks to a single person
- Time tracking not available
- Exporting limited to CSV and JSON formats—does not support PDF or Excel
Pricing: Basic is free (up to 15 users). Premium is $13.49 per month. Business is $30.49 per month.
It may be surprising to see Canva on this list. A popular graphic design tool, Canva introduced Canva for Teams in April 2022. The all-in-one platform aims to “bring together the design and collaboration process.”
- Organize all your content assets in one place with shareable folders
- Use the Brand Kit to maintain consistency
- Ability to schedule social media posts and monitor their performance
- Assign tasks and streamline approvals
- Comments and sharing tools make collaboration a breeze
- Access to premium stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics
- Canva app keeps you connected to your team wherever you are
- Users may find interface difficult to navigate
- Since the updated platform is new, customization is limited
Pricing: Free plan available. Canva Pro is $119.99 per year for one person. Canva for Teams is $149.90 per year for two to five people.
Ceros is a content management platform that helps designers and marketers create and share interactive content, such as quizzes, product demos, and reports, without coding.
- Manage all your projects and teams in one place
- Provide feedback in real time with MarkUp and Editor features
- Find inspiration and ready-use-templates with the Inspire Gallery
- Easy to use
- Scale content creation without design skills
- Publish content directly on WordPress or social media without leaving the platform
- Users report a high price point and significant investment
- Lack of integrations makes it challenging to incorporate into your existing workflow
Pricing: No pricing available on the Ceros website. You can request a demo and contact the team to learn more.
ClickUp makes it easy to manage your content objectives, content assets, editorial calendar, and inbox all in one place.
- Automate processes using pre-built or customizable templates
- Easily connect with colleagues using collaboration tools like whiteboards, comments, proofing, and chat features
- Add time estimates and time tracking to keep your team on schedule
- Choose from hundreds of templates to suit your business needs
- Comprehensive reporting options to share progress with stakeholders
- Over 1,000 integrations to incorporate ClickUp into your workflow
- Provides more functionality than other platforms, but interface can be overwhelming at first
Pricing: Free plan available. Unlimited is $5 per member per month. Business is $12 per member per month. Business Plus is $19 per member per month.
Contently is a platform built for content marketers by content marketers. It includes collaboration tools, SEO resources, and a staffing service to help you with all your content needs.
- Track and repurpose content across channels with a color-coded calendar
- Optimize content with a tone-of-voice analyzer and recommendations for SEO
- Talent tools help you find freelancers and manage payments
- Refine your strategy with advanced reporting features and audience insights
- Build custom workflows and automate routine tasks
- Organize your content in one place
- Increases collaboration between your team and freelancers
- Setup can be time-consuming
Pricing: No pricing available.
Today, over 30,000 marketers use CoSchedule to organize their marketing campaigns in one place.
- Marketing Calendar makes it easy to schedule and share your content plan
- Organize all brand assets in one place
- Headline Studio helps writers optimize their headlines for search engines
- Customizable workflows to keep your team on track
- Ability to generate custom reports for stakeholders
- Manage all facets of marketing, including social media management
- Calendar view only shows one month at a time—it is not possible to view multiple months at once
- Users must post manually on Instagram if including links
- Pricing can be confusing depending on the features you want
Pricing: Free plan available. Pro plan is $39 per user per month. Marketing Suite option also available (pricing on request).
The GatherContent platform was created to help marketers solve the challenges of content creation. GatherContent facilitates seamless communication among team members with project management and collaboration tools.
- Central hub to organize all your content
- Create custom workflows, assign tasks, set deadlines, gather feedback, and request approvals
- Standardize content requirements with templates and brand guidelines
- Bring clarity to stakeholders with a comprehensive view of your content strategy
- Every account includes unlimited users
- Supports every type of content—from landing pages to blog posts to white papers
- Customer support only available via email or chat
- Pricing may be too high for individuals or small businesses
Pricing: Start plan is $99 per month. Scale plan is $299 per month. Transform plan is $799 per month.
Hubspot is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform to power your entire business. Its Marketing Hub enables marketers to convert and scale marketing campaigns.
- Manage your content calendar in one place
- SEO tools optimize your content to rank on search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Includes social media management
- Host and manage video files to keep all your assets in one place
- Build custom reports or dashboards to share with stakeholders
- Access to educational content, including online courses and credentials
- Limited customization for email marketing and landing pages
- Users cannot schedule social posts if they want to tag accounts
Pricing: Free tools available. Starter plan is $50 per month. Professional plan is $890 per month. Enterprise is $3,600/month, billed annually.
monday.com is a visual shared workspace to streamline content creation, improve collaboration, and boost productivity.
- Real-time updates on assignments with custom dashboards
- Project management tools for internal collaboration and coordination with freelancers
- Users can create checklists or to-do lists inside comments and threads
- Kanban, Calendar, Timeline, Map, Chart, and Files views for visualizing data
- Easy setup and quick learning curve
- Over 200 templates
- Share files, images, updates, and feedback in real time with mobile app
- Fewer customization options than other platforms
Pricing: Free plan available. Basic plan is $10 per seat per month. Standard is $12 per seat per month. Pro is $20 per seat per month.
12. Narrato Workspace
Narrato is one-size-fits-all project management software for content marketers. The platform supports content creation, collaboration, and workflows, all in one place.
- Use folders, calendars, and boards to organize content
- AI Content Assistant creates SEO content briefs
- Content Marketplace matches organizations with freelancers
- Companies can manage invoices and payments within the platform
- Manage your entire workflow from one place
- Easily hire and manage your freelance network
- Style guides ensure consistent content creation
- Currently no ability to schedule social media posts
- Fewer integrations than other platforms
Pricing: Free plan available. Pro plan is $13 per user per month. Business is $25 per user per month.
While Semrush is famous for its SEO tools, it is also a content marketing platform that simplifies the content creation and management process.
- Marketing Calendar enables users to organize and visualize their content strategies
- Content audit tools identify assets that need to be updated, rewritten, or deleted
- SEO writing assistant checks your SEO score, originality, readability, and tone of voice
- Finding topics that resonate with your audience is easy with research tools
- Analytics and reporting tools help organizations measure and refine their content strategies
- Includes social media marketing management tools
- Pricing can be high for small businesses or individuals
Pricing: Pro plan is $119.95 per month. Guru is $229.95 per month. Business is $449.95 per month.
StoryChief is an all-in-one content management and publishing tool trusted by more than 5,000 content marketers.
- Centralized workflow to track progress and streamline approvals
- Content Calendar provides an overview of your content strategy
- SEO and readability features optimize your content for your audience and search engines
- Employee advocacy dashboard makes it easy for employees to share pre-approved content on social media
- Publish content to any content management system (CMS)
- Analytics tools make it easy to measure performance
- Image library includes stock images that can be used to accompany content
- Editor feature doesn’t have a live collaboration option like Google Docs or Notion
- Limited integrations compared to other platforms
- Add-ons can make pricing confusing
Pricing: Individual plans start at $30 per month. Marketing Team plans start at $170 per month for 4 users. Agency plans start at $350 per month for up to 3 workspaces and 4 users per workspace.
Trello is the ultimate project management tool. Content marketers can use Trello to manage their content strategies with boards, cards, and checklists.
- Monitor the progress of content with an editorial calendar
- Set deadlines and assign tasks to team members
- With brainstorming tools, platform can be used as a virtual whiteboard
- Easy to set up and use
- Different views enable users to visualize progress from every angle
- Over 200 integrations to work with your existing tool stack
- Free version works for individuals or teams
- Less customization compared to other platforms
- Time tracking is not available
Pricing: Free plan available. Standard plan is $6 per user per month. Premium is $12.50 per user per month. Enterprise starts at $17.50 per user per month, billed annually.
Optimize your 2023 content marketing strategy with Jasper
Content marketing platforms streamline your workflows, automate routine tasks, and boost collaboration.
Jasper makes it easy to create all types of content in minutes. You can invite team members to work on projects and see updates in real time. And with unlimited folders, you can organize all your content in one place.
Sign up today to see how Jasper will enhance your content strategy in 2023.