Finding the right image editing tool for visual content can be daunting for a marketer. There are so many tools out there that claim to offer the best editing and manipulation features. But when you try them, you often find they’re either overwhelming to use or just don’t do what you want them to.
For example, when using a tool like Canva to design your graphics, you might encounter multiple software issues. Maybe it takes up too many resources on your device. Maybe it doesn't have enough advanced features for your design-heavy projects.
Creating visually appealing assets is challenging when you consider these issues. But that doesn't mean you're out of options.
This article will list the 10 best Canva alternatives to help you create quality graphics in just a few clicks—irrespective of your skill level or budget.
10 Best Canva Alternatives for Graphics Creation
1. Jasper Art
Jasper Art, an AI-powered image generator, helps you create stunning images in one click. It removes the need to create graphics from scratch and gives you a starting point for your next campaign.
You can also upload your own pictures to help it create something aligned with your expectations—removing the extra effort of customizing stock photos. All in all, Jasper makes the entire content creation process simple and cost-effective for marketing teams.
- Single-click generation: Generate publish-ready images in a single click using the right text prompt using a single click. You can either use the images as-is or use them as a brainstorming tool for your next campaign. These images don’t need to be edited further using graphic designing tools.
- Customized product: Alter the output of your images by using specific keywords, styles, media, and moods.
- Royalty-free: Images can be used freely under the Creative Commons license.
- Image-to-image generation: Upload your own images to train the tool and generate an image that’s in line with your vision.
- Art templates: Access 10 art templates like News Graphic, Product Closeups and Stock Photography to create specific kinds of images.
- The easy-to-navigate dashboard makes it simple to get started on the image generation process.
- You can fine-tune the final product by playing with different styles, moods, and media.
- You can add your own images to create a more realistic output for your collateral.
- There are no restrictions on using the generated images for personal or commercial use.
- There’s no need to pay for templates and icons, as graphics can be generated with ease.
- It can only be used to create images, not edit them.
- The output depends directly on creating a high-quality prompt, which can take some time to learn.
Jasper has a 5-day free trial so you can explore the tool’s capabilities. After the trial, the paid plan costs $20 per user per month for unlimited image generation.
Fotor, an image editing tool powered by patented HDR technologies, helps users edit and enhance pictures to their liking. You can edit photos, create designs from scratch, or make collages.
- Photo editor: Get advanced editing features like cropping, resizing, text editing, and photo enhancement.
- AI tools: Access AI-powered tools like the image generator, face generator, and art generator.
- Templates: Access Fotor’s library with dedicated social media image templates, marketing templates, and special theme sections.
- The lack of a steep learning curve makes it easy to get started.
- The users can access the app online and offline.
- There are multiple templates available for various marketing needs.
- Its designing options are not very advanced compared to other design software.
- The free plan is very limited in features, with many ad disruptions while working.
Fotor has a free plan and two paid plans. Fotor Pro costs $8.99 monthly with all the advanced editing tools, while the Fotor Pro+ plan costs $19.99 monthly with a stock photo library and priority email support.
Visme is one of the most popular apps available for graphic design. It helps you create presentations, ebooks, white papers, and more.
- Presenter studio: Present your visuals asynchronously by prerecording presentations or other projects.
- Data widgets: Translate data into visuals using more than 30 available data widgets.
- Analytics: Track content views and engagement within the same tool.
- An intuitive user interface makes it easy to hit the ground running.
- It offers a massive template library for any type of marketing collateral.
- The images in the stock library are inconsistent, and you may need to subscribe to third-party vendors.
- It’s best suited for static graphics—customization effects for animations are limited.
Visme has a free plan with limited access to features and templates. It has three paid tiers: Starter, Pro, and Visme for Teams. The Starter plan costs $29 per month with full access and 250 MB of storage. The Pro plan costs $59 per month with 3 GB of storage. For the Teams plan, you’ll need to contact them for a custom quote.
4. VistaCreate (formerly known as Crello)
VistaCreate goes beyond image editing and offers video editing too. With a particular focus on small businesses, the platform allows designers to create branded assets for channels like their websites, packaging, and social media.
- Social media scheduler: Schedule designed social media posts using the in-app scheduler.
- Brand kit: Create a custom brand kit with a logo, color palettes, and fonts.
- Print designs: Design assets and send them to VistaPrint for on-demand printing.
- The users can create designs and schedule content using one tool.
- Its pricing is lower compared to competing tools on the market.
- It has feature parity compared to tools like Canva with a similar yet extensive design template base.
- Features like background removal must be paid for even though they're free in other tools.
- Some stock images must be paid for even when you’re subscribed to the Pro plan.
VistaCreate has free and paid plans. The free plan includes access to features like 100,000 templates, a brand kit, stock photos, and 10 GB of file storage. The Pro plan costs $13 per month and includes features like unlimited storage, background remover, and sticker maker.
Snappa is another graphic design tool that lets you create designs from scratch or using templates. It has several use cases, like social media content, infographics, and banners.
- Photo editor: Edit photos using features like filters, resizing, cropping, and elements.
- Speech bubbles: Add speech or thought bubbles to images for more nuance.
- Background remover: Remove backgrounds from photos in a single click.
- The easy-to-understand user interface makes it simple to work with.
- The beginner-friendly software is perfect for professionals with no design background.
- Unlike competing tools that have mobile versions, Snappa is only accessible via web browser.
- The templates and stock libraries are generic.
Snappa has a free plan that offers access to 6,000 templates and five million photos. It has two paid tiers: Pro and Team. The Pro plan costs $15 per month and includes features like scheduling platform integrations and background removal. The Team plan costs $30 per month and includes additional team collaboration features.
PicMonkey offers artist-made templates to help you create graphics for your marketing program. It also provides a Business segment for more collaboration and branding features.
- Smart resize: Resize images into the required specifications with a single click.
- Animation: Animate elements of your design with ease.
- Touch-up: Retouch photos using features like blemish removal and teeth whitening.
- The font library is quite vast compared to other tools.
- It works well for basic editing or creation needs like social media graphics.
- The features are not as robust compared to competing tools on the market.
- You can only download designs if you are subscribed to a paid tier.
PicMonkey offers a 7-day free trial for its paid plans. There are three paid tiers: Basic, Pro, and Business. The Basic plan costs $7.99 monthly for basic editing features. The Pro plan costs $12.99 monthly and includes features like advanced editing and email support. The Business plan provides collaboration features, and you need to get in touch with them for a quote.
Pixlr is an AI-powered photo editor that can also create animations and designs. It has different products for different levels of design—offering more options for both designers and non-designers.
- Pixlr X: An AI algorithm is used to edit photos, create templates, and generate images.
- Pixlr E: Meant for advanced photo editing, Pixlr E offers prebuilt templates for creating higher-quality designs.
- Batch editor: Edit multiple images simultaneously by applying the same changes to all of them.
- The cloud-based editor is easy to use on multiple devices.
- An AI-powered generator creates images using text prompts.
- You get only limited cloud saves in the free version.
- The product suite is confusing, with no clear distinction of value between tiers.
Pixlr offers a free plan with limited access to its features. The Plus plan costs $1.99 per month and gives access to AI tools. The Premium plan costs $7.99 monthly and includes complete access to the product suite. The Team plan provides collaboration features and costs $12.99 per month.
Venngage describes itself as an information design platform for B2B businesses. You can create infographics, presentations, reports, charts, and more.
- Free-form design canvas: Create custom designs from scratch or use templates on a grid-based free-form canvas.
- Drag and drop: It’s easy to use the drag-and-drop feature to access elements.
- Vast data visualization library: Access hundreds of charts, icons, and templates to create designs.
- A vast library of templates acts as a great starting point.
- Venngage offers multiple customization options that are useful for creating channel-specific content.
- You need to upgrade to the Business plan to download HTML and PowerPoint presentations.
- The free plan lacks an export feature.
- Some fonts may not display correctly after exporting.
Venngage offers a free plan where you can create only five designs. The Premium plan costs $19 monthly with access to the entire product suite. The Business plan costs $49 monthly for teams with up to 10 users, and the Enterprise plan costs $499 monthly for more than ten team members.
9. Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Formerly known as Adobe Spark, Adobe Creative Cloud Express is a part of the Adobe suite and offers an intuitive interface for creating custom graphics. It also gives paying users free access to Adobe's stock image library.
- Effects: Add effects to your graphics, powered by Adobe Photoshop.
- Elements: Add visual elements like icons and backgrounds to your graphics.
- Scheduling: Schedule content to multiple social platforms within the same dashboard.
- A massive template library makes it easy to get started with the creation process.
- The tool is beginner-friendly for quick content creation.
- Frequent app crashes disrupt the editing experience.
- There is a chance of losing progress due to app crashes or glitches while working.
- The user interface is simple yet hard to use as it sometimes chooses the wrong feature.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express has a free plan with all the core features and 2 GB of storage. Premium, the paid plan, costs $9.99 per month and has features like branding, sharing, scheduling, and premium assets. Additionally, you can access 20+ apps with the Creative Cloud All apps subscription for $54.99 per month.
Stencil offers a quick and easy option to create engaging designs. You can create graphics for several types of marketing campaigns using its many features and vast template libraries.
- Presets: Choose templates for over 140 preset sizes in Stencil’s library.
- Live previews: Preview your content on each social media platform before posting it.
- Iconography: Access more than 3.1 million icons from professional designers.
- It is very easy to use and get started with the content creation process.
- A Chrome extension makes it easy to add and edit images in the app.
- The features are not on par with competing tools on the market.
- The customization features are limited for design work.
Stencil has a free plan that saves up to 10 images per month. The Pro plan costs $15 monthly and gives you access to thousands of templates, photos, and premium support. The Unlimited plan costs $20 monthly and allows you to save and upload unlimited images.
Create unique and engaging images with Jasper
There are many great alternatives to Canva for creating stunning visuals for marketing campaigns and other projects. Each tool offers unique features and benefits that make it stand out.
However, for those looking to create truly engaging and innovative visuals, Jasper is a great option. If you’re looking for out-of-the-box, unique ideas for your visuals, its image generator can create them. As you fine-tune the product using the different features available, you can create a visual that would take hours to create using traditional methods. For instance, create an oil painting without actually using oil paint on a canvas.
It also saves you time by automatically generating AI-powered images without requiring graphic design experience or expertise. It prevents the need to invest in expensive editing tools, because you get publish-ready images by simply giving it a specific text prompt.
Additionally, you can generate text in 20+ languages using Jasper’s AI content generator. You can use this feature to generate text for your content or copy, helping you achieve more using the same tool. It prevents context switching between multiple applications, and streamlines your production workflow. Ultimately, it saves you money you would eventually spend on writing or designing tools, which can be better used elsewhere.
Start a free trial of Jasper today and explore the benefits of single-click image generation.