Video Caption Generator: How to Create Captions for Instagram, YouTube & Other Video Platforms
As a marketer, you already know how important video captions are to improve engagement and drive conversions.
A report by Mention and HubSpot found that adding video captions on Instagram posts can increase engagement from just under 4% to over 6%. This happens because they are accessible to those who can't watch videos or listen closely to audio.
But it can take hours to write a solid caption that hooks and entices the reader to read the whole caption. If the very thought of writing your next video caption is overwhelming you, we can help.
In this article, we'll list eight video caption generator tools you can use to generate captions in minutes—instead of hours. We've chosen them based on their ease of use, market share, and video-specific use cases.
Ready to level up your caption writing game? Let’s dive in.
8 Best Video Caption Generators for Various Video Platforms
Below we've listed eight video caption generators to fuel your caption-writing process:
Jasper is an AI-powered video captions generator tool that can help you craft contextual captions in minutes. It has several templates like TikTok Video Captions, YouTube Video Descriptions, Commands, and Jasper Chat to kickstart the writing process.
For example, if you have your video script in mind or the end product, all you have to do is input a short description of the video, and it'll generate a caption for you.
In the image below, you can see how we’ve used the TikTok Video Captions template to generate a caption about stress management for students. You can even change the tone of voice and include keywords to ensure people find your video.
The most significant benefit is that you can create a video content creation workflow around this process, from ideation to caption generation, within the same tool.
- Multiple templates: TikTok Video Captions, YouTube Video Description Generator, Commands, Jasper Chat.
- Different language options: Write captions in 25+ languages.
- Collaboration: Collaborate using the Docs or Team feature.
- Chrome extension: Install the extension to generate content on any website.
- Jasper has several templates to generate the perfect caption. If you need to add specific details like product information, use the Commands template instead.
- Create captions in over 25 languages by using the Language option, and the input language can be a language of your choice like English.
- Collaborate with multiple team members (like your entire social media team) and manage creation in one place.
- Easier to create quality output based on your goals as there’s ample space to explain the prompt and tone of voice.
- Use the Chrome extension to create content within your preferred text editor (e.g., Google Docs).
- Credits can expire fast if you're generating multiple outputs at the same time.
- The output can be generic; however, you can tighten it by clarifying the prompt.
- The pricing can be expensive, especially for solo business owners.
- It can take time to get used to the tool as it has a steep learning curve.
Jasper offers a 5-day free trial to test the waters and see if it works for you. You also receive 10,000 free credits when you sign up.
Its paid plans include the Starter plan which starts at $29 per month, Boss Mode which starts at $59 per month and the Business plan for which you need to contact the sales team.
Copy.ai is another AI-based video caption generator tool focusing more on channels like Instagram. Unlike Jasper's tool, which has several templates for video captions, there are only two: Instagram Captions and YouTube Video Description Intro.
- Short caption generator: Create short captions using the premade templates.
- Preset tones: Choose a preset tone based on your intended publication.
- Multiple channels: Generate video captions for channels like Instagram and YouTube.
- Users can choose a custom tone or use a preset tone.
- For small-scale production, a free plan is available.
- No credit card is required to sign up, making it easier to try it out.
- The output might not be what you intended and can be repetitive.
- No dedicated document feature makes it hard to collaborate.
- The output can be quite short, making it difficult to write long captions.
- Hard to access templates like YouTube Descriptions as it’s only available on the website.
Copy.ai has a free plan where you can generate up to 2000 words per month. In addition, they have a paid plan that costs $49 per month for unlimited words. If you need more than 20 seats, you need to contact their team for a custom quote.
Rytr is an AI writing tool designed to help users create captions for their videos quickly and easily. With a simple user interface powered by AI, it has been trained to help users generate captions in multiple languages. However, it's best suited for YouTube video descriptions.
- Multiple languages: Create video captions in over 30 languages.
- Broad range of tones: Create captions in over 20 tones of voice.
- Creativity level: Ability to choose the necessary level of creativity.
- Made explicitly for short-form writing, the output is suitable for short video captions.
- Simple to use interface and doesn’t have a steep learning curve.
- Pricing is affordable for small content teams.
- Lack of multiple templates for video captions makes it hard to generate content for specific channels.
- Quality of the output is lower than competing tools in the market.
- Credits can run out quickly as it's priced based on characters rather than words.
Rytr has a free plan where you can generate up to 10,000 characters per month. Their paid plans include the Saver plan which costs $9 per month for 100,000 characters and the Unlimited plan which costs $29 per month for unlimited characters.
4. Hypotenuse AI
Hypotenuse AI is an online tool you can use to generate video captions for channels like Instagram. All you have to do is input your topic and primary keyword to receive a short, engaging caption for your reels.
While the tool focuses on short-form captions, you might need to expand the output to create a long-form caption (~2000 characters).
- Content detective: Extract accurate insights from the web and cite the sources in your content.
- Batch creation: Import/export thousands of documents and create captions for them in one go.
- Preview captions: Use it to see how the captions look on Instagram’s native feed.
- One of the few tools that offer a research tool that can help you cite sources accurately within your caption copy.
- Has an in-built WYSIWYG editor that helps you preview how your captions will look on Instagram’s feed.
- Makes it easy to create content in large batches, which is helpful for large content teams.
- The output can sometimes be subpar and you need to customize it to get the desired caption.
- Lack of multiple templates to generate video captions for different channels.
In addition to the free trial, Hypotenuse has several paid plans. It includes a Starter plan which costs $25 per month for 100 credits, and the Growth plan which costs $59 per month for 350 credits. If you’re an enterprise, you need to get in touch with their sales team for a quote.
Copysmith is an AI writing tool that makes video captions easier and faster to generate. This powerful tool is suitable for both beginners and experts alike as the user interface is simple to navigate. This means they don’t have to spend too much time learning how to use it. It provides an easy way to create high-quality captions with minimal effort.
- Bulk generation: Generate video captions in bulk by importing content in one place.
- Chrome extension: Create content within any browser-enabled platform.
- API: Integrate Copysmith with any of your existing applications.
- Easy to use interface and doesn’t require a steep learning curve.
- Affordable option for small business owners.
- Specific writing template for social media posts (can be used for multiple social media platforms).
- Credits can expire if you're not tracking them, so be mindful of usage.
- The output can be generic or inaccurate and needs tweaking before publishing.
Copysmith offers a 7-day free trial to demo how the tool works. It has three paid tiers which include a Starter plan that costs $19 per month for 20,000 words, a Professional plan that costs $59 per month for 80,000 words and a Start-up plan that costs $299 per month for unlimited words. For more than 20 users, you need to get in touch with the sales team for a custom solution.
AISEO is an AI writing tool that helps people create captions for videos quickly and easily.
The Instagram Caption Generator tool is free to use; however, it doesn't have the option to select a tone of voice or add specific details. If you want to do so, you must pay and use the Commands template.
- Multiple languages: Generate video captions in over 26 languages.
- Readability improver: Integrate with Hemmingway Editor to improve content readability.
- Chrome extension: Use the extension to generate content within any browser-enabled platform.
- Instagram Caption generator tool is free to use.
- Checks content for readability to ensure it's suitable for a broad audience.
- Ensures the keyword is integrated, which is excellent for social media SEO.
- Output may not be comparable to other competing tools in the market.
- Has a steep learning curve, so it takes time to get used to.
- Only available for IG reels.
AISEO offers a 7-day free trial with 60 credits to try the tool. In addition, it has three paid tiers. It includes the Grow plan which costs $19 per month for 400 credits, the Scale plan which costs $59 per month for unlimited words, and the Team plan which costs $79 per month for two users.
Anyword is an AI writing tool that helps businesses and marketers create more engaging video captions. It leverages the power of data-driven insights to deliver higher semantic richness in your content, providing the perfect way to amplify your message.
- Target audience: Generate a video caption based on a specific target audience (or ideal client profile).
- Formula-based output: Create a caption based on a specific example you can define earlier.
- Predictive performance score: Measure the potential performance of your caption based on the target audience before publishing it.
- Create video captions based on specific examples to receive an output that you have in mind.
- Create video captions for both Instagram and YouTube in one place.
- Ability to add personas while creating a video caption which makes the copy much more targeted.
- Generates a set of hashtags with each output for SEO.
- Limited number of words on the Data-driven plan making it an expensive option.
- Pricing is not transparent compared to competing tools in the market.
Anyword offers two sliding scale paid tiers for individuals. It includes the Starter plan which starts at $29 per month for 20,000 words and the Data-driven plan which starts at $99 per month for 30,000 words. If you’re a business, you need to get in touch with them for a custom quote.
Scalenut is an AI-powered content creation tool that helps you create original, high-ranking video captions. The AI-driven writing assistant can help you quickly craft more persuasive captions and higher readability. It can also create long-form captions based on initial text input.
- Output based on a single title: Create a video caption based on the video title only.
- Long-form caption generator: Expand on generated outputs by using the “Write” function.
- Ability to generate long-form captions within the text editor makes it suitable for informative videos.
- Can be used to create descriptions/captions for videos on any channel since it's dependent on the title of the video.
- User-friendly and straightforward interface makes it easy to use.
- No option to change the tone of voice or be more specific with the input prompt.
- The output might differ from what you need since the prompt only includes the video title.
Scalenut offers a 7-day free trial. Apart from that, it includes three paid tiers. The Individual plan costs $29 per month for 100,000 words, the Growth plan costs $79 per month for unlimited words and the Pro plan costs $149 per month for unlimited words and SEO reports.
Create engaging video captions using Jasper
Writing captions for social media videos can be time-consuming, especially if you're batch-creating content.
While they're essential for engagement, writing one that hits the right note in a crowded feed is a struggle. To create compelling captions, you must consider how to convey their message best while ensuring it is concise and easy to read.
If you're looking for an easy and effective way to caption your videos, these eight video caption generators will do the trick. But if you’re looking for one that offers the most creative outputs, choose Jasper. With our simple user interface, you can quickly and easily generate captions for all your videos with just a few clicks.
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for a free trial of Jasper today and start generating engaging video captions.