Running a YouTube channel? There’s probably a lot on your plate. There’s thumbnail creation to think about, search engine optimization, brainstorming video ideas, editing, uploading, and the list could go on forever.
With a description generator, you don’t have to start yet another task from scratch. It’s a great way to speed up the video publishing process and—in lots of instances—you can generate your video descriptions for free.
Whether you just started your YouTube channel or you’re looking for a way to streamline your content production process, you’ll want to check out this list. We go through the best description generators you can use to be a more efficient creator.
First, let’s get clear on what a YouTube video description generator actually is.
What is a YouTube video description generator?
A YouTube description generator helps you generate video descriptions from scratch. It does the initial legwork for you if you aren’t able to come up with a description yourself.
This can especially be useful if writing isn’t your area of expertise or you’re having trouble getting the creative gears to start turning. It’s also a great way to streamline your content creation process if volume and speed are your top goals.
Features to look for in a YouTube video description generator
If you’re only looking for a tool to help you summarize your video’s main idea, then look for a content generator that emphasizes that. However, there are a lot of description generators that also focus on including copy like timestamps or even a place to insert your links. Besides the basics, consider the following features as noteworthy:
YouTube descriptions are a great place to include the relevant keywords you’re targeting. If your description doesn’t include keywords, it is less likely to rank in Google search.
This is more of an extra perk than a must-have in an AI copywriting tool. But if you’re collaborating with a team, it can be helpful to onboard a few team members to your copy generation dashboard so it’s easier to work together.
Not all writing sounds the same. This is why it’s so important to consider tone when you’re generating copy. When you’re looking for a description generator, look for features that allow you to tweak your copy’s tone of voice.
It’s great when a copy generator can turn out copy ideas that you didn’t have to come up with from scratch. It’s even better when that copy tool can generate several different ideas with one click.
For example, Jasper offers an output option that you can adjust to get as many or as little copy ideas at a time as you want. Output rate can help you work faster and get more efficient with your content creation process.
Top 8 YouTube video description generator
When it comes to AI copy generation—whether for a YouTube video description or for outlining a blog post—it’s hard to beat the array of features Jasper offers content creators.
Once you’re logged into the dashboard, you can choose from 52+ templates based on your needs. Different projects can be organized in different folders. And you can add your keywords for YouTube SEO.
As one of the largest search engines on the planet, incorporating keyword research into your video scripts and descriptions is a must-have. There’s also a plagiarism checker tool you can use to ensure the originality of your content.
To illustrate, here are a few YouTube description suggestions about puppies created with Jasper’s Video Description template. Once you read through the suggestions, you can choose the best one. Once you enter your video title, keywords to rank for, and tone of voice, you get unique, AI-generated copy you can paste into your YouTube description box in seconds.
You could also try summarizing your actual YouTube video scripts to get a great description that hits on all the important points.
- Use the same tool for different copy needs
- Templates range from general copy to specific needs like blog outlines, review responders, or company bios
- Extremely easy to use and navigate
- Writes content in several languages
- Creates product descriptions and YouTube channel descriptions
- Offers a video title generator you can also use as part of your content publishing workflow
- Lets you dictate copy via Boss Mode so Jasper can write it in real time
- As with all things AI, minor copy tweaks may be required
- Starter - $29 for 20,000 words a month
- Boss Mode - $99 for 100,000 words a month
2. Social Video Plaza
Social Video Plaza is a templated plug-and-generate YouTube description generator. The best part about it is that it includes a thorough list of possible sections your video description could include.
This means any target keywords, the description above and below the fold, video timestamps, and even your social media links are included in the description template. Easy to use, but unlike Jasper, not much AI copy generation going on.
- Easy to use and accessible to anyone
- You don’t have to worry about using a free trial or choosing a plan
- Doesn’t come with all the extra features that make copy generation worth using
- Doesn’t let you save past video descriptions with a dedicated account
Social Video Palooza is a free tool. Simply enter your video information and hit generate. You can copy your content to the clipboard and then add it to your description box.
TubeRanker’s approach to generating YouTube descriptions is a bit like Weshare. It uses a plug-and-play template that fills in your video information for you. However, the template comes with a lot more options to choose from.
For instance, it’s popular to include timestamps in YouTube videos so users can navigate them easier. TubeRanker includes a timestamp section that you can easily fill in. Once you generate the perfect description, it’s a matter of copying and pasting.
- Easy to use
- Includes several templates
- Lets you target three keywords
- Doesn’t necessarily use AI technology to create descriptions
- Creates basic descriptions
- TubeRanker: $19 per month for unlimited access
- Advanced Plan: $49 per month for unlimited access
Weshare is an accessible option if you’re needing to generate a few one-off YouTube descriptions. Its setup is a little different. Instead of being an AI-based generator, it offers a premade YouTube video description template that adds your specifications for a plug-and-play approach to description generation.
Once you’ve created a description you’re happy with, you can copy it to the clipboard and add it to your video.
- Easy to use
- Offers premade templates
- Doesn’t go beyond the basic features
- The template format might not be right for some users
Weshare is free to use. Simply enter your video link to get started.
Simplified’s approach to YouTube description generation incorporates the language your audience already uses. It also offers features to incorporate keywords—an important part of the YouTube content creation process for traffic generation.
- Offers team collaboration features
- Integrates with apps like Zapier, Airtable, and Shopify
- More of a group of tools for content creation
- Limited AI copy generating features
- Free: Write 1k words
- Small Teams: $8 per member per month for 8k words
- Businesses: $24 per member per month for 50k words
- Enterprise: Contact Simplified for a personalized plan
Ink has a YouTube description generator designed to create intros. All you have to do is enter a short description of what your video is about. Alongside the generator, Ink lists a few convenient features you can use to tweak your description copy for the best results.
It also comes with a YouTube ad CTA generator and a YouTube bullet points generator. As a description generator, Ink is one of the simpler tools to use.
- Easy to use
- No SEO tools
- No plagiarism checker tools
Ink is free to use.
Rytr is an interesting choice because it helps with YouTube description, video channel description, and even video ideas. Once you select a language, tone, use case, and additional input like your video title, it’ll use AI to generate a paragraph describing your video.
Rytr’s straightforward design is great if you need to generate one-off video descriptions. Especially because you can get started with a free plan.
- Accessible for beginners
- Offers a list of use cases to choose from
- Charges based on character usage can be limiting
- Doesn’t offer a built-in plagiarism checker
- Free Plan
- Saver Plan: $9 for 50k characters per month
- Unlimited Plan: $29 for unlimited characters a month
CopyAI is built to help you through writer’s block by allowing you to generate fresh copy for several different scenarios, including YouTube video descriptions. Once you select the type of copy you’re looking for and describe your product, CopyAI does the rest.
You’ll get 10 different results at a time. And if you aren’t satisfied with any of them you can run the generator again for a fresh set of YouTube descriptions. CopyAI is useful in over 25 different languages.
- Writes 1,000-word blog posts
- Organizes writing topics by projects
- Allows adding team members to collaborate on content
- Has an easy to use copy generator dashboard
- Doesn’t offer a built-in copy community like Jasper
- Limiting credit-based pricing
- Free - Up to 10 credits per month
- Pro - $35 a month for unlimited credits
- Team - Contact them to learn more about the custom plan
Do more with Jasper
There are several options to choose from when it comes to copy generators. When your goal is to create YouTube copy, your best bet is to find a generator that offers YouTube-specific copy features.
The more an AI marketing tool can specialize in different types of copy, the better the chances it’ll generate usable copy that’s legible and crafted for humans. That’s always our aim with Jasper. Sign up now and try out our best copy features.